Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Fear Of Rejection: She Knows The Feeling, Too…

Fear of rejection.

It’s a common social phobia we’ve all experienced. I can recall countless times when the fear of being rejected held me back from even approaching a girl at all. But I always felt regret after letting it hold me back.

I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve been rejected. Not just by girls, but by teams, colleges, jobs… the list goes on and on.

But fact is, you absolutely must still TRY.

Sure, rejection is never the intended goal of our efforts. But at least when you still try, you never leave an experience feeling an ounce of regret or asking yourself, ”what if…?”

And trust me when I say that the feeling of regret is far worse than ANY rejection. As The Great One once said:

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

But when it comes to women, you need to understand one important thing that will combat your fear of rejection:

Women fear rejection just as much as men do.

fear of rejection woman nervous

Think about all those things I just mentioned: college, jobs, etc. Women can just as easily recall similar experiences of rejection — heck, they’ve even had failed attempts to pick up men. So why is it that men often think women don’t know what it’s like to be rejected?

Probably because we wrongly assume that women never get rejected in the first place. Or, we only think about the times women have rejected us.

But honestly, it’s an irrational thought process.

I mean, how is it possible that women don’t get rejected? And how do we forget about those times we’ve done the rejecting? Odds are you’ve rejected a girl at some point (I mean, haven’t you ever swiped left…?)

It became more apparent to me during a casual night out with friends. We began talking about picking up girls. One of my female friends said she couldn’t imagine picking up a guy because of how scared she’d be over the thought of him saying “no”… I thought to myself, “there’s no way a guy would reject her, she has to be bluffing.”

So I challenged her on it.

She’s cute, petite, and very pretty. She’s also very sociable and (at least I thought) would have zero problems picking up any guy. But there was one glaring issue: she was so scared of being rejected that she couldn’t even bring herself to approach a guy.

So there I was thinking there’s no way this girl would have a problem picking up any guy. Meanwhile, it was the fear of rejection that stopped her before she could even start. But it makes sense. I mean, who ISN’T afraid of rejection?

Think about this for a second. As men, why are we so afraid of rejection? Sure, being told “no” straight up isn’t fun, but it isn’t just the actual rejection — it’s about how hard that shit hits home.

When we get rejected, it hurts because we’re self-conscious about what we look like, or because we know we lack confidence. We unjustly compare ourselves to others when we shouldn’t.

But don’t women experience these things too?

Read Full Article Here

The post Fear Of Rejection: She Knows The Feeling, Too… appeared first on Supercharged Minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment